Monday, April 12, 2010

Still here...

I know, I know, get good news and disappear for weeks. So sorry!

Things here are pretty good. I'm feeling so much better! The only aspect of this whole mess I'm still dealing with is fatigue, but that could also just be because I'M TIRED!!!!!!!!! I'm ready for things to slow down a little!

We took a whirlwind trip to Austin this weekend for my cousin's wedding and it wore us out. I dropped Emma off at Tina's this morning and she cried! First time ever! She did so good, poor thing. I bet she spent 80% of her waking hours this weekend in a car seat, high chair or stroller. She was a trooper, though. And a smiley one at that!!

Today begins Day One of my pre-summer "went to a wedding, took lots of pictures, oh my something MUST BE DONE about my largeness" diet. I'm still not at my Emma birth weight but I'm pretty darn close and there's no baby in there!!!!! UGH!!! I'm going to blame the medical drama of the last few months and the M&Ms and Dr. Peppers I chose to medicate myself with:) M&Ms are much better treatment than chemo...it had to be said:)

Wednesday is my baby girl's 1st birthday!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even hardly believe it!!! People said it would go fast but this is like warp speed!! She is working on getting her top two front teeth in and she's standing in little spurts all by herself. No official unassisted steps have been taken but there have been some "I think I'll stand for a sec, kinda take a step, then fall on Mommy" steps. She's a mess:) We can't take her anywhere with out a minimum of 30 people talking to her/us! It can get irritating when Stu and I are trying to carry on a conversation and people keep butting in, but I (because Stu pointed this out) have chosen to view this minor inconvenience as a blessing that our little girl gives other people. She flat out makes people's day when she smiles at them and waves and crinkles that little nose:) I know that all babies do this but it does a momma proud to think her little girl can make someones day better. She's a keeper:)

Wednesday is also my next doctor's appointment. I'll go in at 11 to get the port flushed and blood drawn and then my actual appointment is at 1. I'm a little nervous. I know there's no reason to think that my blood work will be anything other than normal, but nothing about this whole thing has made any sense. Prayers are appreciated:)

I guess I better get back to work, I took an early lunch break to write this if Carlton asks:) Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Love the recent pics! Got any of the birthday girl with her cake? Glad to hear that you're doing so well and Emma is such a cutey!!!

    ReplyDelete