Monday, February 22, 2010

FINALLY a clear day!

I decided to spare you the pity party that I enjoyed all day yesterday. Gotta say, it was pretty rough. I had pretty much decided that tired, fuzzy, dizzy, sickly and frustrated was just going to be my state of existence until this whole thing is over. Emma had been fever free for well over 24 hours then all the sudden it was back yesterday afternoon. Can I just tell you how much I want to hold her and play with her and kiss her pretty little face?!?!? This is killing me. I've got yet another call in to the doctor...not sure what's going on there, keeps going straight to a hot-line?? Is it a holiday or something? Is there a holiday big enough to warrant closing a pediatrician's office?!? I don't even know what day it is!

Anyway...back to today:)

My head is relatively clear for the first time since the treatment. I'm still tired and am making a conscious effort to keep some kind of clarity with my thoughts, but I haven't felt sick and haven't taken a anti-nausea pill all day. So that's a bonus! Hopefully, I'll just have 4 or 5 bad days and then things will clear in between rounds. We'll see.

I'm so ready for all this to be over with. I know I'm blessed. If you're going to have to be diagnosed with cancer, this is the one to choose. It's not terminal, it's only temporary, and I know all this. It doesn't make it a run through a sun-filled meadow, though. I'm trying to stay positive and trust the Lord. I know He's sovereign and in control. I know He doesn't give us more than we can handle. I just need a break from the testing or teaching or whatever this is. I know He's going to use this entire situation to His glory and that my ministry will be forever changed because of this. I'm just a little down because the journey isn't optional, it's sink or swim. I want to be found faithful.

Well, I better get back to work. I took an early lunch break...yeah, that's what we'll call it:) Hope everyone has a great day:)

2 comments:

  1. I just realized how much I have missed your sense of humor!! (sun filled meadow??) HAHA I can't imagine not being able to hold your little baby doll(esp when she is sick) I am praying for you!! AND STU!! Sick babies can be such a Challenge...
    You are handling everything so well. We can truly read in your posts how God is working in you right now. I wish it was optional too, but ya know how it is. This is just proof that He has BIG plans that you need to be ready for!!
    Love ya, Jessica Miller

    ReplyDelete