Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quickie...

Today hasn't been too bad. Of course, I've been asleep for the majority of it! My head has been spacier than usual and overall I just feel like I'm moving in slow motion. I did get out for the first time since Thursday...H&R Block, woo-hoo! But at least now we know that we will have money to pay the hospital on Wednesday when we go in for the port. The port has been scheduled for Wednesday, by the way. Since they will have to use anesthesia, it has to be a morning procedure, and we have picture day at the day school Thursday!! We don't pay the teachers near enough to handle all that drama on their own!!! So Wednesday it is.

In other news, I think Emma and I are friends again:) Poor baby could not understand why I haven't been able to hold her since Wednesday. I've been trying to be good and stay away from her as much as I can stand while she's been sick. Gotta tell ya...THAT IS HARD!!!! But she's been fever free for 36 hours or so and I've been able to love on her in little spurts all day. It's tough not to just fall apart when your baby looks at you with pitiful eyes and cries because you won't hold her. Stu swears she's OK, but a momma knows:) I'm just glad she won't remember the next few months when she's older.

I've been thinking about the next few months and all that will be happening during them. Pray that I won't be in a fog and not remember her first steps or her first birthday. I know its probably ridiculous but I'm scared that I'm going to miss out on so much because of all this. I'm hoping the fog will only last a couple of days after each treatment and then be OK??? Who knows. That's the latest game my mind is playing, so you can add that to the prayer list if you would like:)

Well, I've eaten a little and am feeling a little clearer so I'm going to go play with my little friend! Hope to be at IBC in the morning, we'll see how things go.

Love y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Your comments show such a "clarity under fire" that I really doubt that you'll miss out on Emma's milestones. Don't think it's ridiculous to worry about missing out - you're entitled to whatever concerns you have. Knowing that this is a concern of yours gives me something very specific to focus on in my prayers. Go play with your little friend and I hope to see you both tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't miss a thing with Emma. You will remember it all. As for the Day School. Don't worry about us at all. You know I like telling people what to do. Between Elizabeth and me it will be under control. As many kids as we have at home, handling a few more and some adults is not a problem. Just know we are all praying for you, Stu and Emma. God his holding your hand and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete