Friday, February 26, 2010

PRAISE FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it was praise for yesterday, but Emma and I got busy so I had no time to post:) Love bathtime!!

I talked to one of the onclology nurses from Schumpert yesterday and guess what my level was from Wednesday?!??!?!??! NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember, I started around 77,000 before my D&C and we're trying to get to zero. Last week, it was around 166. Dr. Owers told us before the first treatment that typically the levels through the first couple of rounds rise then start to taper off towards the middle of the treatment. The nurse sounded really surprised at how low it was yesterday:) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I am fully aware that these particular kind of cells have a mind of their own. It could rise next week, who knows. But for TODAY, I'm at a NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and my arm still hurts:(

But, at least Stu didn't have to sleep on the couch last night:) Apparently, and he has never been able to produce a shred of evidence of this, when I'm really, really tired I snore like a flippin' freight train! Remember, how I told you I was drugged Wednesday??? Let's just say my sweet, precious husband knew there was no other position I could lay in that night to alleviate the snoring so he just headed to the couch! Oh, the crowns this man will have in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! That might have been TMI. So sorry! He's taking Emma and I on a romantic getaway to the Waskom girls' basketball regional tourney this afternoon. Go Wildcats!

Have a great weekend! I'm feeling better, by the way, can you tell??? Looks like we'll have 4 or 5 days of yuck after chemo then go back to normal...here's to hoping! I actually did laundry and cleaned a little last night. Course, I had also overdone it yesterday morning with picture day (went great!) so I left work at noon and got in a several hour nap before picking up Emma (thank you, Tina!!). That helped!

Off to get the little one down for a nap, wish me luck????

Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I wonder why our husbands say that we snore like freight trains. Do they have proof? How could such a massive sound be produced from such dainty noses? I think they exaggerate... :) A 9?!?!? Are you kidding me? Happy dance, happy dance!!!

    ReplyDelete