Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yesterday: Part 2

In regards to my final statement from yesterday, I love my baby girl:) We went back to her room after I got off the computer, I held her for a little while and then laid her down. She would have none of that, so I picked her up and we retreated to the rocking chair. Usually this is completely nonproductive because she gets distracted by the window, my hair, the blanket on the back of the chair, the chair itself...I see some form of an attention disorder in our future...but this time it was perfect:)

I tried to get her to relax and put her head up on my shoulder, but she kept slithering down to my lap. Holding her at all is quite the dance these days because my arm is still killing me from the port and she doesn't understand that she can't get it near it without me screaming in my head a little!!

Anyway, back to the lap:) She never does this so I just let her go where she wanted and get settled. She wiggled her way down into a little ball in my lap with her head on my chest, got all snuggled in and promptly went to sleep!!!! These are the moments that make childbirth worth the effort:) Did I tell you it was WONDERFUL?!?!?!

Yesterday was a long day. I've decided that I'm stronger in my head than I am physically. I feel fine after the "chemo brain" wears off, but too much physical exertion and I kind of crater. I mentioned our romantic getaway to the regional tourney in yesterday's post. The ride to Nac wasn't too bad, but the 12 laps we made around the basketball coliseum, the trip to the bathroom to change the diaper of a little girl in big girl jeans that had NO DESIRE to be changed and the stairs up and down and up and down to our seats, was a little much!!! I got pretty dizzy and my heart was racing. But after getting settled, I felt better. I'm just going to have to be careful. I guess I can handle that:)

In my daily call from Schumpert, they also told me that they are sending me a list of a couple of vitamin D supplements they want me to start on. Apparently my levels are really low. I know that's shocking, especially as much as I've been out sunbathing lately?!? Really?!??!

That's all the life-changing wisdom I can stand to impart for today. My man and baby girl are napping in their respective corners of the house and I think it's time for me to join one of them. Wonder if I'll fit in the crib....

2 comments:

  1. Yes you better slow it on down sister! Man we are so similar. I remember having someone drive me to Austin to a state basketball tournament even though my lungs weren't at full capacity and climbing those bleachers. It landed me right back in the hospital! Please take care of yourself. You will have plenty of time for bball next season!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they could bottle "snuggling" or put it in pill form, it would be the best medicine EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete