Friday, February 19, 2010

So Far So Good

I know it's probably still early, but so far I'm ok. I've taken a couple of of my anti-nausea pills and I haven't been feeling too bad. I'm pretty tired, but that's a normal state these days:) My arms feel really heavy and last night all my muscles felt like I'd been using them a lot. Another weird side effect was during the night when I was up I actually thought I could feel stuff pumping through my veins. Everything felt so thick. It was a pretty different feeling.

I mentioned in my last post Emma was sick. Her fever topped off last night at 104.1. It's never been that high and we were understandably FREAKED out!!! Her Nana and Pawpaw stayed up with her for a while and took care of her. She actually slept on Pawpaw's chest until 4 AM and then he took her to her bed and she stayed asleep until around 8:30. When we got her up, her fever had fallen to 97.6!!!! Praise the Lord! We were pretty sure a 3 AM ER run was going to happen but everything finally settled. She is in much better spirits and looks like she feels tons better. She's napping right now, so we'll check her again when she wakes up. Thank you for your prayers!

FYI...I forgot to say yesterday that the results to my CT scan came back normal:) Nothing had spread, so yay:)

That's all I've got for now. I tried unsuccessfully to take a nap earlier, but I think I'm going to give it another try. Again, thanks for your prayers and for keeping track of us as we go through this journey. I know there will be many ups and downs. If I would've posted at around 3 this morning, you would've seen my "dark side":) I'm sure pieces of that will come out throughout this process. I'm a theraputic writer. It helps me to get things out and have to go through the mental process of forming specific thoughts.

I've lived in a fish bowl all my life, and to be honest, it's not that bad anymore. I know that many of you have a preconceived idea of who I am in the context of my ministry. I try hard to be honest and my true self all the time, but there are times that people need me to appear stronger than I am. I'm OK with that. The Lord has called me to something way bigger than me and He gives me strength when I've got nothing to give. Because this electronic escape is an outlet for me, I ask that you not allow my honesty to color your view of who I am personally or in the context of my ministry. I'm human, just ask Stu!!!!! Wow, the stories that man could tell!!! I can be pretty snarky and sarcastic, but a lot of that is a coping mechanism for me. You just have to laugh at it all sometimes, cause the alternative is too much. So with that second disclaimer out of the way, you have been warned! Feel free to follow, fully aware of what you might read!!

Keep the prayers coming. We truly can feel them. I'm telling you, it's because of you guys that our sanity is relatively staying on an even keel.

We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    I totally get what you are saying and I would venture to say nobody who reads your blog will judge you and your feelings. I can relate to the writing as therapy and it does help! So don't hold back because none of us are perfect and you don't need to hold anything in. So happy to hear about Emma's fever breaking. Hope you can get some rest tonight.
    Elizabeth Ward

    ReplyDelete