Thursday, March 18, 2010

Round 3 Complete...and Possibly the Last?????

So today has been a pretty good day, all things considered. FYI, it's 11 PM and the steroid they gave me is keeping me up but I'm tired and my brain is starting to head into chemo land, so bear with me if this doesn't make a lot of sense!

I used my numbing cream for the treatment today and while I could feel the needle go in pretty good, I couldn't feel the needle for the duration of the treatment. They took my labs and didn't have exact numbers for me while I was there but said the preliminary results looked good. Treatment wasn't too bad and I even had enough enough energy and feel-goodness to go look at car seats at Target (my amazon baby is too big for her current one!).

While I was getting my IV of pre-meds Gus, the chemo-mixer, stopped by and told me I needed to call Dr. Owers on Monday but that there was a POSSIBILITY that THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY LAST TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, can you tell???? While we were there today a lady got her last treatment and all the nurses sang her a "No more chemo" song and gave her a "Congratulations" balloon. It was pretty sweet! Of course, in the time span of .0005 seconds my emotions went from smiley "That's pretty cool that they do that" to thoughtful "I bet she is so glad this is all over" to teary "Wow. I had cancer and chemo and I am SOOO ready to be done!!! Can I have a balloon????" So here this lady is, thrilled and being serenaded, and Stu and I are in the corner trying to keep ourselves under control! We managed to get a hold of ourselves and make it through the rest of the treatment with no further meltdowns!

We stopped by Waskom High on the way home and picked up a gift basket from the Band Boosters (Thanks guys!! So sweet!!) and supper from the Murphrey's (Excellent, Melisa!) and then headed home to Emma and Nana. After eating, I went into HG TV hyper-drive!! I'm telling you, these steroids are GOOD STUFF! I have a list of things that need to be touched-up and home-improved, before we sell this house. It's written in blue Sharpie on a paper plate:) Nana and I started slow by grouting the tile that Stu had already hung in the decorative nook in the master suite. After that, I was still feeling good I knew it was time to conquer the paper plate...much to my wonderful husband's dismay:) Nana hung out with Emma and Mommy and Daddy busted out 2/3 of that bad boy!!!!! Can I just tell you the relief that I feel now that the majority of that stinkin' list is done?!??!!? A few more things and this house is officially move in ready.

Oh, and for those of you keeping score at home...Emma has not had a fever all day!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's one treatment of three that we have had a healthy baby and a mom that didn't feel like a failure for not being able to take care of said baby!!! Good times!!

Well, I think I'm wound down enough to go back to bed. Thanks for checking in on us!

Current prayer requests:

1. Pray that Monday Dr. Owers says NO MORE TREATMENTS!!!!!

2. Pray that the couple that is possibly interested in the house does decide to buy and that their timeline and ours work together.

3. Pray that Emma stays well.

4. Pray that I don't feel as bad these next two weeks as I did the last two weeks. This last round kicked my tail for a few days.

5. Pray that Stu's patience and overall wonderfulness abounds and that the weather is nice next week while he's on Spring Break...yes, WISD is the only district in America on Spring Break next week:)

You guys are the greatest:) I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Keeping you in our prayers.
    Love the Family picture!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is praying for an encouraging appointment tomorrow & for this leg (or should I say "arm"...your poor arm) of your journey to be over. We will also be lifting up your other prayer requests. Thank you for being so honest and transparent with what the Lord is walking you through. Remember, He is leading you in TRIUMPHANT procession!
    Lots of love,
    Laurie Stringer & Family

    ReplyDelete