Friday, March 5, 2010

SOOO Much To Share!

I've got an update but the chemo fog is in full effect so bear with...spell check can only do so much:)

1. I called the doctor's office this morning to see what my levels were yesterday...are you ready for this...I don't think you are...do I hear a drum roll????...LESS THAN ONE!!!!!!!!! That's what my levels are!!!! LESS THAN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She even classified me as normal!!!!!!! Not sure that's ever been done before!!!!!!! We have a scheduled appointment with Dr. Owers next Thursday so we'll find out the plan then. He's said from the beginning that I'd have one additional treatment after my levels got to 0, so I'm not sure if less than one counts as zero, or if possibly my treatment in two weeks will be my last!!!!!!!! PRAY FOR THAT TO BE THE CASE!!!!! And guys, I gotta tell ya, you are all so totally responsible for the levels decreasing like this. You will never know how much all your prayers have meant to me and Stu. Thank you truly!

2. The treatment yesterday wasn't ridiculously bad. My arm was still sore from getting the port last week, so all the poking and prodding wasn't real fun. The needle that they stuck me with and had to leave in my arm for an hour wasn't real fun either. It felt like a continuous ant bite the whole time. Just enough to cause pain and be pretty uncomfortable, but not an unmanageable, throbbing kind of pain. They called me in a prescription for a numbing cream for next time so I shouldn't feel it...not sure why this idea wasn't a priority 2 weeks ago, but whatever. So far I feel OK, really tired, but OK. As soon as I'm done here, I'm heading to bed

3. Emma maintained a 102 fever from yesterday afternoon through this morning so we went ahead and took her to the doctor. Her only symptom is fever, so there's not a lot we can do but wait it out. He said if she still had fever Monday to come in and he'd do a urine test. Catheter on an 10 1/2 month old, sounds like a fabulous time. She seems like she's feeling better, exhausted, but better. We'll see how she doesn't this weekend.

4. Yay for grandparents! They've taken wonderful care of her so I can rest as much as possible. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!

5. Pray that if Emma does have a viral thing going on, it passes quickly and that I don't catch it. Last night, she was still upset but Nana, Pawpaw and Stu were all tying to get her to calm down and sleep, so I went ahead and tried to go to bed. I could barely keep my eyes open. As I'm laying in bed, I hear "Mama, Mama, Mama" in the most pitiful cry you will ever hear. She's never done that before, especially actually sounding like she was calling for me, so I figured I was imagining it. I got up and went to the end of the hall and sure enough, she was calling for me. There was no doctor's order in the world that would've kept me from my baby girl the first time she called for me because she needed me. I went in and rocked her in the recliner and she calmed down. She knows me and wanted me to be with her and comfort her. Hands down one of the best feelings in the entire universe.

Well, it's time for me to sleep some of this haze off. Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

  1. Less than one?!?!? You go, girl! Hug your baby, let the 'rents take care of you, and get some well deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good La!!! Just wanted you to know that I was here - reading. And that I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made my weekend! God is so good!! I'll be praying that tomorrow will not be hard on ya. And about that sweet baby girl wanting her mommy--Priceless! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim didn't say that-- now that I am looking at the comment! LOL. Melisa

    ReplyDelete