Friday, April 15, 2011

All is Well

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that my baby girl is two years old and I have officially been given the all clear from the oncologist!! No more appointments and I'm turned back over to my regular ob!!! He even said that I wouldn't be considered "high risk." if we get pregnant again! We'll just be monitored more closely, more sonos and blood work than a normal person, etc. But still, that's great news!!! I can't believe it's all done:) I sat in my recliner the other night and read back through all the posts...we've come so far. I know I've been a complete blogger slacker lately, and by lately I mean at least six months, but I'm so glad I set this whole thing up. I'd forgotten some things. And, if you didn't notice, I'm pretty funny when I'm unbelievably bitter:):) There was some good stuff in there!! Stu and I are moving on and are sticking with our decision to try for one more baby. Please pray for peace, a calm spirit, patience and that God's will be done. Especially if said will includes a quick pregnancy with no complications and a guarantee that we actually get to bring a baby home this time!! It's not too much to ask, right??? :) Emma Jewel is TWO YEARS OLD!!!!!!! It's mind boggling to even think about!! She's counting to 14 these days, singing songs, playing dress up, mastering iPhone use, learning Spanish, driving the car, perfecting calculus...well, you get the idea! Gifted, friends, gifted!! No is her favorite word and the magnitude of fit throwing is daily growing greater, but we're working through all that:) She's still adorable and those blue eyes seem to get bigger everyday:) We had a birthday party for her last weekend and it was a hit!! I felt cheated and like I'd cheated her last year that I was sick and couldn't throw her a big first birthday party. I'm fully aware that she won't remember this stuff, but I will. I went a little overboard for her party this year, but Stu let me because I pulled the "cancer" card:) We had a bounce house and all kinds of fun stuff!! She played so hard and laughed and laughed:):) I loved it!!!! I'm so thankful for her. Everyday something else about her changes. She's growing up second by second!! Stu and I are busy wrapping up the end of the school year and I'm heading full force into summer stuff at the church. I'm trying not to be overwhelmed, and I'm failing miserably:) It'll all get done...it always does. Well, I'm off to bed. Hopefully, soon I'll have some exciting news and y'all can help pray me through it! Hope everyone is doing well:)

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy for you! Though my struggles were different, I can understand many of your feelings! Im still praying for you as you move forward!

    ReplyDelete